The establishment zone at the foot of the sledging hill in Smedslätten (see map) is fenced in during the tunnel construction.
Our working hours are weekdays at 7-22, when we drill, blast and perform other work on the establishment. Silent work (below 30 dBA) may also occur at other times. In cases where night work is in progress, it takes place completely inside the tunnel and should not disturb the surroundings.
Noise from the construction establishment
The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency has guidelines (NFS 2004: 15) for how much disturbing noise it may come from construction sites, and we follow these when we build the sewer tunnel. If you are affected by disturbing noise over the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency's guidelines, you can, if necessary, have access to a replacement home.
- 2020: The establishment is built. Blasting work begins.
- 2021: The tunnel is blasted out to Lake Mälaren. The Mälar Passage is being built.
The chimney in Ålstensskogen is being built, and will be ready in the summer of 2022.
- 2023: The tunnel is blasted north to Höglandet, and south halfway below Lake Mälaren where it meets the tunnel that was blasted from Eolshäll. No more rock transports take place from the establishment. Concrete work continues.
- 2023-2025: Concrete and pipe work in the Mälar Passage
- 2026: Testing and commissioning, as well as work with tunnel mouth / portal. When the tunnel is completed, the area will be restored in consultation with the landowner.